Africa

‘They have defamed me’ – Die Antwoord’s former ‘secret artist’ hits back | News24



Die Antwoord launches their album ‘TEN$ION’ at Arcade Empire in Pretoria.

PHOTO: Alet Pretorius, Gallo Images/Foto24

  • An artist who beforehand labored with Die Antwoord has hit out on the duo over claims that he was working towards them.
  • Ben Jay Crossman recorded Die Antwoord’s former foster son describing his alleged remedy whereas he lived with the musicians.
  • Gabriel Du Preez made damning claims towards Waddy Jones and Anri Du Toit. The duo opted not to reply to his account intimately.

Die Antwoord’s former “secret artist” Ben Jay Crossman has instructed News24 that he was shocked and in disbelief on the rap-rave duo’s “dishonest, misleading and manipulative” response to claims of kid abuse and exploitation.

“They painted me as a stalker. They have defamed me, they have tarnished my name, filled with lies. I am not colluding with any media sources, including News24. I am simply working with anybody who wants to spread the truth [about] the criminal antics of Die Antwoord.

“To paint me as a drop-out stoner… shouldn’t be true. I’ve by no means tousled or underperformed; you’ll be able to ask anybody who has ever been on set with them,” Crossman stated.

READ | Au pair opens up about Die Antwoord’s ‘orphan kids’, guns in malls and neglect

In an announcement on their Facebook web page on Tuesday night time, the rap-rave duo accused Crossman – their former artist and tour cameraman – of being behind an alleged “slander marketing campaign” to tarnish their name and reputation. 

Waddy Jones (Ninja) and Anri du Toit (Yolandi Visser) accused Crossman of “doctoring video footage” of them to make them seem like “dangerous individuals”.

“Ben used to work for Die Antwoord as a tour cameraman till he acquired fired for being completely stoned on the job,” the statement read.

“Ever since then, Ben has devoted his life to creating slander campaigns about Die Antwoord,” it continued.

READ | Die Antwoord’s ‘secret artist’ speaks out about abuse: ‘I sold out’

Crossman recorded a video of Die Antwoord’s foster son, Gabriel “Tokkie” du Preez, speaking out about a decade of alleged abuse and neglect at the hands of the international music stars.

Former au pair to Die Antwoord seen wearing hoodie

The former au pair to Die Antwoord has echoed claims of kid abuse made by Gabriel du Preez.

News24 Alfonso Nqunjana, News24

During an interview with News24 final month, Du Preez stated he was handled just like the band’s “youngster slave” and went back to living in poverty after helping them to achieve world fame.

Du Preez also accused Jones of showing him pornography as a minor, asking him and his underage sister to get undressed in front of them, and encouraging his violent behaviour after he stabbed his brother, Adri.

Du Preez told News24:

They made me feel like I was actually a slave. They adopted me to be a slave. They made me feel like I wasn’t really being loved.

Die Antwoord failed to respond to the specific allegations Du Preez made and said they stopped supporting him financially after he ostensibly started taking drugs.

“Tokkie got here from a really damaged dwelling. We tried our greatest to assist him however sadly, you’ll be able to’t assist somebody who does not need to be helped. We urge Tokkie to show himself in and search skilled assist,” the duo said.

Du Preez vehemently denied that he was a drug user. 

“I need to know the way previous I used to be after I went on medicine and after I went on medicine,” Du Preez instructed News24. 

Gabriel du Preez pictured in front of his house

Gabriel du Preez has described the abuse he suffered by the hands of Die Antwoord’s lead stars.

News24 Iavan Pijoos, News24

They additionally took the chance to tell their thousands and thousands of followers that they’ve been within the studio recording “sizzling” new songs that are expected to be released soon. 

The police’s Serial and Electronic Crime Investigation Unit in Gauteng has since launched an investigation into the claims of abuse and criminality.

Two weeks ago, the Western Cape social development department obtained a court order from the Cape Town Children’s Court, giving them access to check the safety of the duo’s 17-year-old biological child.

The social workers were satisfied that their daughter was not in danger and she could remain in their care.


Never miss a story. Choose from our vary of newsletters to get the information you need delivered straight to your inbox.



Source link

Check Also
Close
Back to top button