Asia

Saudis constitute 63.6 pct of 34 mln population; 8.6 pct fall in number of expats


There has been a lower of two.6 % within the complete inhabitants of Saudi Arabia by the center of the yr 2021, reaching 34.1 million folks, in comparison with about 35 million folks in the midst of the yr 2020, reported Saudi Gazette.

The General Authority for Statistics (GASTAT), in a report revealed on Wednesday, stated that the principle issue for the autumn within the complete inhabitants is the lower within the variety of non-Saudis by 8.6 % after many non-Saudis left the Kingdom throughout the COVID-19 pandemic interval.

For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.

The authority famous that the Saudi inhabitants elevated by 1.2 % in mid-2021 on an annual foundation. Men represented 56.8 % of the entire inhabitants, reaching 19.4 million people, whereas girls constituted 43.2 %, accounting for 14.7 million.

GASTAT identified that lower within the complete inhabitants was attributed primarily to the decline within the variety of non-Saudi males residing within the Kingdom by 10.6 % in mid-2021 on an annual foundation, as a result of improve within the variety of expatriates who left the Kingdom as a result of pandemic.

The authority defined that the inhabitants decline in Saudi Arabia in the midst of the yr 2021 got here after it posted a rise reaching 35 million in 2020 from 34.2 million in 2019.

Saudis constituted 63.6 % of the entire inhabitants, whereas the non-Saudis represented the remaining 36.4 %, the report identified.

Read mores:

Summer travel trends reveal that Saudis are choosing to spend more on holidays

Saudi Arabia’s malls, supermarkets, restaurants told to increase hiring of nationals

Saudi Arabia imposes $2,665 fine on people who attempt to perform Hajj without permit



Source link

Back to top button